Birth and Residence
- Born 15th June 1977 in Tallinn, Estonia
- Left Estonia in 2007, since then has lived and worked in Australia, India, Vietnam, Italy, Sri Lanka, Hawaii
- Lives in Berlin, Germany since 2014
- Bachelor in Economics (Concordia International University in Estonia, 1999)
- 200hr and 300hr Yoga Teacher Qualification from Byron Yoga Center in Byron Bay, Australia (2007/2008)
- Certificate IV in Massage Therapy: Swedish Massage and Deep Tissue (2008), Myofascial Massage training (2011)
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training 250hr (several trainings since 2014, Anatomy, Meridian, Yoga Philosophy modules)
- Conversation in Yoga with Emil Wendel - course on yoga philosophy and history (2017)
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Judith H. Lasater, 30hr (2016)
- Experiential Anatomy Online training with Judith H. Lasater (ongoing)
- Bo Forbes - Yoga, Mindfulness, Neuroscience & the Body online course (ongoing)
- In total about 1000 hrs of different yoga, movement, anatomy, meditation, yoga philosophy related trainings over the last 10 years of teaching yoga.
- Several meditation retreats/trainings (3 silent Goenka style Vipassana retreats, following the teachings of Adyashanti, Michael Stone, Tara Brach, Jack Kornfield, John J. Prendergast, Mooji)
Yoga and teaching
Teacher of alignment based Vinyasa Yoga since 2007:
- After finishing her 200hr training with Byron Yoga Center, Liina stayed working at the center for the next 2 years. In addition to teaching weekly classes, she was assisting at the 200hr and 300hr Teacher Trainings and co-teaching at Byron Yoga retreats.
- Taught at resorts in Sri Lanka and Vietnam
- Since 2015 Liina teaches at Yellow Yoga in Berlin plus runs her own weekly classes at a Buddhist Center
- Liina has built up a Yin Yoga following from scratch first when she lived in Tallinn, Estonia and then again after she moved to Berlin (in 2014).
- After her Restorative Yoga training with Judith Lasater, she launched a weekly Restorative class which quickly became one of her most popular sessions.
- Organising Yin Yoga Teacher Trainings in Tallinn, Estonia for her teachers Sebastian Pucelle and Mureielle Burellier every year since 2014 (promotion, correspondence, managing finances, assisting during the training)
- Creating her own website - www.liinayoga.com , newsletters, mailing-lists, online yoga platform.
- Running her own business Yoga Gypsy OÜ - a Limited Liability Company registered in Estonia.
- Worked as a massage therapist in a SPA setting (Holmes Place)
- Worked as massage therapist during retreats
- Worked as a recruitment consultant in a boutique HR firm in Tallinn, Estonia (2001 - 2007). Liina's speciality was the search and selection of specialists, middle and top level managers in the field of IT, accounting, finance, sales and marketing. The responsibilities included choosing the appropriate search method and channels, putting together advertisement, CV screening, conducting job interviews, assessment of candidates, preparing written reports.
- 2007 (July-October) worked as a recruitment consultant/assistant at Temp Team and Active Selection in Sydney, Australia.
- conscious dance - modalities like 5 rhythms, Soul Motion, Open Floor
- everything to do with the sea: swimming, diving, snorkelling
- nature: hiking, camping
- Estonian (native)
- English (fluent)
- Swedish (average)
- Finnish (can understand, don't speak)
- Russian (rudimentary)
- Italian (rudimentary)